Partner - McKinsey
OUTCOME-BASED FINANCING MODELS: WHO IN THE MEDTECH INDUSTRY CAN RISK IT?
Thursday 25th of January 11:00 - 11:45
Olivia’s experience spans the pharmaceuticals and medical products industry. Her deep expertise lies in product development and innovation, extending across both R&D and commercial. She co-leads McKinsey’s infectious diseases standing therapeutic area team and has deep expertise on innovation.
Olivia’s recent client work includes the following:
- designing the launch plan and early commercial model of a new product for a leading pharmaceuticals company, enabling earlier and better marketing, pricing, and market-access inputs into product-development strategies
- designing a commercial and R&D innovation strategy for a vaccine programme for a global pharmaceuticals organisation, leading to improved product positioning and customer segmentation
- transforming the global development organisation for a leading pharmaceuticals company to maintain industry-leading productivity
- transforming the clinical-development team of a major pharmaceuticals company and piloting and implementing novel approaches to maximise productivity
- leading multiple centre for asset optimisation (CAO) efforts to define optimal development strategies
- leading therapeutic-area strategies, including life-cycle optimisation approaches
Before joining McKinsey, Olivia worked as a medical doctor in paediatric, cardiovascular, and hepatic medicine specialties. She was awarded an academic clinical fellowship post and eventually specialised in paediatric infectious diseases. Prior to qualifying, Olivia undertook an internship at GlaxoSmithKline’s neurology centre of excellence for drug discovery.